Thursday, June 2, 2016

My Summer TBR With High School Musical

When it gets closer to the end of the school year all I can think about is high school musical two 
      

  



and all the books I want to read. Seriously the list gets longer and longer the closer summer gets. 




I'm kind of odd when it comes to books and seasons. I read fantasy year round, contemporary and romance during the summer, and classics in the winter. I didn't make a plan or anything that's just what I'm in the mood for during those times. Odd but true.



I've narrowed the list down to nineteen books. I go back to school September fifth so I should be able to kill this... Hopefully.


           

  • The Star- Touched Queen by Roshani Chokshi. I met Roshani at a book event in Ashville and she was so sweet! And please it's a retelling we all know I was gonna read it eventually. RETELLINGS ARE EVERYTHING. UPDATE: Finished 3/5 STARS

  • The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson. It seems like the perfect summer read so it's going on the list. UPDATE; Finished 3/5 Stars

  • A Darker Shade of Magic by V. E. Schwab. UPDATE: Finished 5/5 STARS

  • A Gather of Shadows by V. E. Schwab. I'm reading this series with a friend this summer and the big theme of magic can't be ignored. UPDATE; Finished 4/5 Stars



  • Meet Me Here by Bryan Bliss. This seems like the perfect book for letting go of everyone's expectations and following your dreams. Excuse me while I read it.

  • The Rose and the Dagger by Renee Ahdieh. I started this but didn't finish it. Why? Because I don't want it to be over.


  • An Ember in The Ashes by Sabaa Tahir. Why have I waited so long to read this?!

  • Dreamology by Lucy Keating. Dream guy finding you in real life? Yes please. UPDATE: Finished 4/5 STARS



  • My Lady Jane by three fabulous ladies. Because it turns Lady Jane Grey's story into a comedy and I want to know how.

  • The Female of the Species by Mindy McGinnis. I'll need something dark to get me over all those lovey dovey feelings. UPDATE: Finished 3/5 Stars

  • The Winner's Kiss by Marie Rutkoski. WHY?? Why does this series have to end??

  • Down With the Shine by Kate Quinn. This book sounds so odd but I'm giving it a chance anyway

  • Unrivaled by Alyson Noel. Glam life not so glam with missing people and famous actors. Alright then.



  • Red Velvet Crush by Christina Meredith. Honestly this book sounds perfect for a quick read at the pool.

  • Sing by Vivi Greene. This seems like such a Taylor Swift read! Seriously check out the synopsis here 

  • We Were Never Here by Jennifer Gilmore. I feel like I'm gonna cry but I'm gonna like it. UPDATE: Finished 3/5 STARS

  • The Creswell Plot by Eliza Wass. Secrets? Buried deep? Give it to me



  • Me Before You by Jojo Moyes. Am I the only one who hasn't read this? *Looks around* guess so

  • Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige. I'm not a big fan of Oz but this sounds pretty good. UPDATE: Finished 4/5 STARS






And that's it! I hope you guys have enjoyed this and are planning your summer full of reading like I am. If you're reading any of these books this summer let me know! Or if you have suggestions send them to me. I probably won't be doing much this summer besides reading. And swimming. And maybe dancing. 

If you liked this post let me know!


And one last gif because I can:




Oh Troy. My second grade crush. Still kind of crushing on him. I mean seriously SO CUTE.

2 comments:

  1. Don't worry I also haven't read Me Before You and And Ember In The Ashes yet! Hope you like them :)

    ReplyDelete