Sunday, January 3, 2016

My 2016 TBR List

Its 2016... It's actually the third day of 2016 so I'm a little late but i told my parents I don't feel like it's a new year until the first day of school. My life pretty much revolves around school. Everything is built around it. 

So many things are going to change this year. I'll hit my sweet sixteen in April. I'll (hopefully) learn to drive. I'll be half way through high school this summer. Movies will come out, books will be released, bands will bring out new songs and albums, and maybe Starbucks will invent a new coffee. Who knows? There is so much that could happen this year and it makes me giddy thinking about it.

So you get the picture. A lot is happening this year but I've come up with my TBR for the year. And like the amazing bookworm I am I will put all my effort into completing this book list. Yeah that was sarcasm. I'm going to share it here with you guys to try and help keep myself accountable.

Before I share this with you guys I just want you to know that my Goodreads challenge is seventy five books. I read a hundred and fifty last year but school is going to keep me so busy that I cut it in half. *cries*

  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J. K. Rowling
  • Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea by Jules Verne 
  • The Iliad by Homer
  • The Odyssey by Homer
  • Catch-22 by Joseph Heller 
  • Emma by Jane Austen
  • The Sword of Summer by Rick Riordan
  • Moby Dick by Herman Melville
  • Winter by Marissa Meyer
  • The Aeneid by Virgil 
  • Lord of the Flies by William Golding
  • The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck 
  • Metamorphosis by Ovid
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  • The Two Towers by J. R. R. Tolkien
  • The Return of the King by J. R. R. Tolkien
  • Mansfield Perk by Jane Austen 
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley 
  • 1984 by George Orwell
  • The Chronicles of Narnia by C. S. Lewis
  • Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
  • Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
  • Villette by Charlotte Brontë
  • The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald 
  • Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen 
  • Hamlet by William Shakespeare 
  • Through the Dark by Alexandra Bracken  
  • Passenger by Alexandra Bracken 
  • Shirley by Charlotte Brontë 
  • The Professor by Charlotte Brontë 
  • The Complete Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle 
  • Till We have faces by C. S. Lewis 
  • Henry V by William Shakespeare
  • Macbeth by William Shakespeare 
  • A Midsummer Nights Dream by William Shakespeare 
  • The  Man in the Brown Suit by Agatha Christie 
  • The Thirteen Problems by Agatha Christie 
  • Th Murder on the Links by Agatha Christie 
  • Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers
Thirty nine books in all. Most of these were recommended by fellow readers and some are just books I've heard great things about. Hopefully I can get of them read.

Happy 2016 and good luck on all your bookish adventures in the year to come!

3 comments:

  1. Ambitious! Lots of classics here -- even your YA could be described as classic. I loved the Grave Mercy trilogy. Good luck 👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you! I love classics but I've never tried to read quite this many so heres hoping:)

      Delete
  2. This is a great list of classics! Enjoy the year!

    ReplyDelete